Seaplane to your door
Like the idea of being picked up at the front door … well riverfront jetty actually. We now have this exciting option available for our guests. Seaplane pickup from Woodbridge for sightseeing trips with landing to The Great Southern Wilderness, or to Port Arthur, or Freycinet, or the Gordon Franklin.
Your experience can be tailored to your preferences. Recently guests flew first over Port Arthur and the Tasman Peninsula, then across to the Great Southern Wilderness, landing at Reserche Bay before heading north to land again on the Gordon River, and then heading back to Woodbridge over the Highland Lakes, and down the Derwent Valley.
Transfers to and from Woodbridge included as the seaplane will land at our river pontoon
The following 2.5-hour floatplane tours are available exclusively to guests of Woodbridge on the Derwent. The price for each tour is $2500 for 1 to 4 persons (weigh limits apply) including pickup from and drop off to Woodbridge’s private river landing, light refreshments..
* Gordon River (land at Sir John Falls – 30 mins on ground) Views of Mt Field National Park, Franklin River, Prince of Wales Range
* Wineglass Bay (land at Hazards Beach – 30 mins on ground) Views of Maria Island, Schouten Island, Hazards Mountains
* Maria Island (‘lap’ of island and land at Encampment Cove – 30 mins on ground) Views of Freycinet Peninsula, Great Oyster Bay
* Tasman Peninsula (3 capes tour and land at Stewarts Bay – 30 mins on ground) Views of Cape Raoul, Cape Pillar, Cape Huay and Tasman Island
* South West Wilderness (land at Bathurst Harbour – 30 mins on ground) Views of Mt Picton, Federation Peak, Southwest National Park
The following 4-hour floatplane tours are available exclusively to guests of Woodbridge on the Derwent, including collection and drop-off at Woodbridge. The price for each tour is $3500 for 1 to 4 persons (weigh limits apply) including collection from and drop off to Woodbridge’s private river landing, light refreshments.
* South West Wilderness (land at Sir John Falls or Port Davey – 60 mins on ground at either Sir John Falls or Port Davey or 30 mins at each). Views of Mt Field, Sir John Falls, Port Davey / Bathurst Harbour, Federation Peak
* East Coast Extravaganza (land at Hazards Beach or Stewarts Bay – 60 mins on ground at either Hazards Beach or Stewarts Bay or 30 mins at each). Views of Orford, Wineglass Bay, Maria Island, Tasman Island, Stewarts Bay, Hobart.
We can also arrange seaplane transfers to MONA or between Woodbridge and SAFFIRE, Strahan, Launceston, Cradle Mountain, Stewarts Bay Lodge or Hobart.
Tailored Options offers a menu of custom comforts and activities to make your stay uniquely yours.
These experiences need to be booked, some well in advance.
Please Email us for information and bookings.