Nearby Self- drive Activities
Breakfast is a great time for discussing the day’s activities and our Staff will be happy to assist with planning.
- Walk in the wilderness of Mt Field National Park. A beautiful scenic drive takes you to a place of waterfalls, fern and rain forest, alpine lakes, and platypus-filled streams – a small Park charge applies
- Fish in lakes, river or streams, guided or self discovery, and all on your doorstep
- Visit Salmon Ponds, where there are wonderful gardens and ponds full of an amazing variety of massive trout and a museum chronicling the introduction of trout to Australia on that site – a small charge applies
- Be intrigued at MONA, the controversial Museum of Old and New Art just 15minutes down river – a small charge applies
- Tour the local wineries, breweries and distillery. With names such as Stefano Lubiana, 2 Metre Tall, Moorilla and Nant all nearby, the choice is yours. Drive yourself, or we can arrange tours for you – no entry charges
- Have a round of golf on the spectacular local course or play on Ratho, the oldest course in the Southern Hemisphere – small charges apply
- Browse for that hidden treasure in the many antique shops of New Norfolk – there is no charge for doing this but it could end up costing!!!
- Enjoy a history walk through what is one of the oldest towns in Australia, scattered with convict-build churches and mansions
- Drive to the top of Mt Wellington for magnificent 270 degree views
- Pick berries from the roadside and feast
- Visit the Adventure Hub at Maydena to enjoy peddle rail cars, downhill descents on trail bikes and mountain-top dining with ‘views forever’ – a small charge applies